Start of Term ArrangementsPublished on: September 3, 2021
Dear Students, Parents and Carers
It was great to see so many of you for enrolment and we are very much looking forward to the beginning of term.
For new students joining our community, we will be running refresher training on conducting a Lateral Flow Test which will take place between Tuesday 7th September and Thursday 9th September. Due to the need to run this training, it has been necessary to change the start of term slightly:
- Please book a slot for your lateral flow refresher training between Tuesday 7th September and Thursday 9th September (see below for further details)
- Freshers’ Day will now be on Friday 10th September (instead of Wednesday 8th September). Please arrive at College by 9.40am and use the notice boards around Reception to find your entrance and tutor base for the day. We will also email and text you details of your entrance and tutor base in advance. This will be a normal day running until approximately 4pm
- Teaching starts on Monday 13th September – you will be issued with your timetable on Freshers’ Day
- You will have a re-induction afternoon on Thursday 9th September (instead of Tuesday 7th September) starting at 1.20pm. We will send an email to your college address with details of your entrance and tutor base
- Teaching starts on Monday 13th September – you will be issued with your timetable at the re-induction afternoon and will also be able to access it on MyTPC from Thursday afternoon
- If you stopped taking lateral flow tests over the summer, please make sure you take one before coming into college again. If you need to pick up new test kits, you can pop into Reception at any time between 8.30am and 4.00pm next week
Lateral Flow Testing - for new students only
- Please book an appointment via our online booking system
- You will only be required to attend for your appointment slot and will then be free to leave; please plan on being at College for around 45 minutes
- You will probably be familiar with these tests from your previous school, so this is just an opportunity to remind you of the procedure for testing and uploading your results to the NHS. Please bring your mobile phone with you so you can upload your results
- Please be aware that if you test positive, you will not be able to travel on public transport and therefore may need to make alternative arrangements for returning home. Advice and support will be provided by our staff on the day
Ongoing COVID testing - for all students
We encourage all students to test twice a week; test kits will be available to collect at all exits whenever you need more. Most of us are testing so we protect our friends and family. Your safety and the safety of others is important to us and if we all support testing twice a week, then we are keeping everyone safe.
We also encourage you to take up the offer of the COVID vaccine. If you have already done this – thank you. Anyone over the age of 16 can now get their COVID vaccination at walk-in centres across Portsmouth and Hampshire. You can just walk in and get vaccinated as you are considered to be an adult able to choose to be vaccinated.
The following vaccination centres are open every day (including weekends) from 8am to 7.30pm for walk in appointments:
- St James’ Hospital Portsmouth, Locksway Rd, Southsea, Portsmouth, Southsea, PO4 8LD
Open to anyone over 16 years of age for first dose vaccinations, and second dose vaccinations for Pfizer, Moderna and Astra Zeneca if it has been at least eight weeks since the first dose.
- Southampton Oakley Road vaccination centre, Oakley Road, Millbrook, Southampton, SO16 4GX
Open to anyone over 16 years of age for first dose vaccinations and second dose vaccinations for Pfizer and Astra Zeneca, if it has been at least eight weeks since the first dose.
As well as the vaccination centres there are also a number of pop-up vaccination clinics across Hampshire which you also are free to attend.
Thank you in advance for your support and we look forward to seeing you soon.
With best wishes