Open Evening 2021
Due to Covid-19, our October Open Evenings had to be adapted to comply with Government guidelines to ensure the safety of staff, students and visitors. Our February Open Evening will also be a virtual event. We hosted virtual events, which were a huge success, so that prospective students and parents could still gain an insight into life at Portsmouth College whilst adhering to Covid safety.
If you didn’t manage to visit us (virtually), register now to access our online Open Evening platform.
By registering for a myTPC account, you can access our Virtual Open Evening, apply to join us in September 2021 and will receive relevant information from us.
Your account will be your first official steps towards becoming a Portsmouth College student!
Step 1 – register for a MyTPC account at https://my.tpc.ac.uk
Step 2 – log in to MyTPC and create your student record
Step 3 – your parent / carer will receive an email for them to activate their email address
Step 4 – Log back in to view links to the Virtual Open Evening and online application form.
OUR OPEN EVENINGS ARE A GREAT WAY TO HELP YOU MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION ABOUT YOUR NEXT STEP AFTER SCHOOL AND GIVE YOU A TASTE OF WHAT TO EXPECT OF THE COLLEGE EXPERIENCE.
Highly recommended by current and ex-students, our open evenings are an excellent opportunity for prospective students and their parents to learn more about:
- Our variety of courses of A level and vocational courses as well as our Apprenticeship offer
- Our ‘Curious & Creative’ learning strategy, using Apple iPads, for which we won the 'Effective Use of Technology in Further Education' Association of Colleges Beacon Award and recently were recognised as an Apple Distinguished School
- Why we were rated a 'Good' provider of further education with a 'culture of high expectations' by Ofsted in 2017
- Prestigious opportunities available through our More Able Students' programme
- Experience the exciting 'Going Global' programme
- Our fantastic results - an overall pass rate of 99% with 51.6% high grades (A*-B)
- Our unique timetable with a guaranteed 9.55am start and a 4pm finish for all students
- The great range of opportunities in our innovative E6 Personal Development Programme
- Great advice on courses, careers and employability
- Why our current students choose to study with us