Following a recent Ofsted inspection in March 2017, Portsmouth College is delighted to confirm that it continues to be deemed a ‘Good’ provider of further education.
After tireless efforts from staff, students and governors, Portsmouth College maintains its Ofsted grading as ‘Good’. Since 2013, the College has continued to grow and improve, ensuring it provides students a high standard and modernised experience in learning.
The report is full of highlights from the work of the College. A number of points particularly impressed the inspectors:
- Students make good progress and achieve their qualifications
- Students benefit from attending the College, flourish, and become more confident, articulate and purposeful
- Teachers have high expectations of students and motivate them well
- The College provides good guidance, support and care for students
- Students develop excellent work-related skills
The report also highlighted the College’s innovative two lesson a day timetable, their significant investment in technology which sees all students using iPads and the impressive support students receive with their studies and with planning their next steps after college.
New areas of the College also received strong praise, including the employability programmes and rapidly growing apprenticeship provision.
Read the Full Report and Learner View results: