Accommodation (Host Families)
Portsmouth College offers high-quality international study programmes that are constantly growing, year by year. Students from across the world decide to come to study with us for many reasons, the fact that we are a coastal city with an intense cultural offer for all ages and the beauty of our city, just to name a few.
Over the past couple of years we have welcomed students from Georgia, Germany, Italy, Norway, Brazil, Zimbabwe, U.S, Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Denmark, continuing to reach out to a global community.
We believe that cultural diversity is what makes us stronger and welcoming an international student in your home will also benefit families as they can learn from different cultures.
information for international students
International students can apply for Homestay accommodation through us. All of our Host Families are DBS checked and all properties visited to ensure a friendly and relaxing home environment.
Students living in Homestay often have a unique and treasured experience, with many benefits including:
- Ideal environment to perfect your English language skills
- Experience the British way of life
- Host accommodation will meet quality standards
- Create new memories in the city of Portsmouth, including friendships with your Host Family, making new friends, and learning about the local culture and history.
information for host families
We are recruiting Homestay host families to provide accommodation for our international students, of whom will be studying here at Portsmouth College for as long as two years or as little as one semester.
You will need to fulfil the following criteria before applying to become a host;
- A homeowner and resident of the PO3 or PO4 area preferably but other postcode areas with accessible bus routes will be considered
- Agree to a long term accommodation basis (most students are likely to study for two academic years with us)
- Act as a loco parentis for the student for the duration of their stay
- Offer a good standard of living in a friendly environment
- Provide a half board service during the week and a full board at weekends
- Wifi access
- Laundry facilities
- Provide an annual gas safety certificate
- Complete a DBS check (we will arrange this).
A dedicated welfare officer will allocate host families to students and be the point of contact to help deal with all student accommodation queries.
If you would like to find out more and how much a host family can earn as an income over one year, then please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
To register your interest, please complete the form below.