What is a Supported Internship?
A Supported Internship enables young people with an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) to combine a work placement with a work skills programme at College along with developing their Maths and English Skills.
This programme equips you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to be able to live a more independent life and improves your employability outcomes. When completing this course you will have a job coach who will provide you with tailored support.
Who is the Supported Internship for?
This is a progression offer from all SEND courses or students may apply to do an internship alongside another SEND course from the first point of application.
While on the programme you will learn new skills such as;
● Skills valued by employers
● Writing a CV
● Improving your Maths and English skills
● Identifying your strengths and skills
● Developing your confidence
● Developing your employability skills
● Becoming an independent traveller