This is the foundation qualification for anyone aiming to work in the fitness industry or progress onto becoming a personal trainer. This qualification will develop your ability to work with clients in order to meet their fitness goals both safely and effectively.
A minimum of five GCSEs grade 3 or above are required
The course is 100% coursework and comprises:
– Unit 1: Anatomy and Physiology
– Unit 2: Work with Clients to Help Them to Adhere to Exercise and Physical Activity
– Unit 3: Reflect on and Develop Own Practice in Providing Exercise and Physical Activity
– Unit 4: Principles of Exercise, Fitness and Health
– Unit 5: Promote Health, Safety and Welfare in Active Leisure and Recreation
– Unit 6: Plan and Prepare Gym-Based Exercise
– Unit 7: Instruct and Supervise Gym-Based Exercise
You will complete work booklets for each of these units along with planning exercise programmes and carrying out practical sessions to be observed and assessed
Gaining the Level 2 Gym Instructor qualification is the first step to working in the fitness industry. From this course you will learn the key knowledge and skills required to construct tailor-made gym programmes. The practical elements of this course will enable you to learn more about exercise machines and correct exercise techniques. You will be able to instruct exercise classes, as well as one-on-one sessions, with confidence.
This course works well with the ‘Fit 4 All’ programme, where learners can have one-to-one training with one of our trainee personal trainer students. First Aid is also recommended as an E6 option.
This qualification will enable you to gain employment in a gym, carrying out inductions and leading classes for clients and any other group sessions.
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to progress onto the Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training. It will enable you to become a fully qualified personal trainer, allowing you to start growing a client base for one-on-one sessions.
Coursework is ongoing throughout the year.