IN RECENT YEARS THE COLLEGE HAS WELCOMED MORE AND MORE VERY ABLE STUDENTS FROM OUR PARTNER SCHOOLS.
Our More Able Students programme is aimed those who achieve a number of A* or A grades at GCSE, or have shown an exceptional talent for student leadership.
The programme consists of two main strands:
1. AIMS (ACADEMIC INTERNAL MENTORING AND SUPPORT)
ACADEMIC. The programme is aimed at our brightest and best qualified students and offers them a range of extra academic opportunities to help them excel and achieve the very best results.
INTERNAL. The scheme is prepared and delivered by highly qualified members of staff.
MENTORING. We offer 1-2-1 mentoring with teachers and with highly successful A2 students in order to challenge first year students and help them achieve high grades.
SUPPORT. Academic support is offered throughout the year in the form of extra sessions, exam preparation tutorials and subject-specific revision skills workshops.
2. A TARGETED CAREERS AND PROGRESSION PROGRAMME
Our careers advice and guidance team will encourage high-achieving students to engage with a range of exciting potential opportunities, such as:
- Specialist support for applications to leading universities
- Extra support for applications for highly competitive courses (such as medicine or law)
- Specialist conferences and visits to top universities
- Subject seminars and academic initiatives supported by the best universities in the UK and USA
- Sutton Trust and Uniq Summer Schools
- Oxbridge coaching
- Competitive work insights and Year-in-industry experiences
- Nationwide 'Pure Potential' UK university events - for students aiming for A/B grades
- Additional opportunities through our E5 Programme
- Model UN Conference - a chance to take part in a prestigious event in Birmingham, centred on the working of the United Nations