2. By Post
Download your application form here and send it, together with a cheque made payable to Portsmouth College or your credit/debit card details, to:
Reception (Adult Learning)
(Please include a SAE for full course details and receipt).
3. By telephone
Please call our Reception Team at 023 9266 7521 who will be happy to go through the application form with you over the phone. Please have your credit/debit card details ready.
Fee Remission for Government Funded Qualification Courses
If you wish to claim fee remission (government funded discount) then you must fall into one of the following categories whilst also being eligible for government funding by having been a resident in the UK for three years prior to the start of the course (Ordinarily Resident).
Courses leading to a recognised qualification are free for students in the following categories:
- Unemployed people in receipt of Job Seekers Allowance and Employment Support Allowance (WRAG)
- Those taking programmes where the primary learning goal is Adult Basic Skills (unless overseas student)
- Those taking a full level 2 programme, if under 24 years of age, for the first time
- Those taking a full level 3 programme, if under 24 years of age, for the first time
- Those in receipt of other means tested benefits (excluding Child Tax Credits)will be entitled to 50% discount on all qualification courses.
Please state reason if claiming fee remission. Proof of benefits will be required, it is your responsibility to inform the College of any changes to your circumstances.
Please contact Reception or our Adult Learning Team with any queries regarding fee reductions.
If you are unsure as to whether your circumstances will make you eligible to apply for fee remission then please contact the College on 023 9266 7521 and you will receive assistance.
Portsmouth College will require current evidence of any claim for fee remission (generally documentation that is less than 3 months old) prior to enrolments being confirmed. Please agree the evidence requirement with College staff when booking the course.