Over the past few years, the College has undertaken a huge facilities and accomodation improvement project, spending around £7.2 million on upgrades to classrooms, social spaces and the overall learning experience for students.
The Student Centre
The Student Centre (with adjoining terrace) is the social hub of the College for students. Here you can enjoy:
- Comfortable and sociable surroundings
- Wide-screen TVs and music
- The College shop – open until 3.00pm for Costa coffee, refreshments and essentials
- The hot food canteen - varied and healthy menus at very reasonable prices, with themed food days
- Sun terrace – eat outside or just relax with your mates
careers and employability ('the mezz')
Located above the Student Centre, this is another one-stop-shop for advice, guidance and support, in this case on any aspect of your career development plans. Help is available on research and applications for universities, apprenticeships and employment, your CV, interview skills and workshops with our various private sector partners. This is also the place to go for support with work experience and volunteering opportunities.
Student Services (room 15)
This area offers as a ‘one-stop-shop’ for advice and support. The Welfare and Student Progress Officer teams are located here and it's right next to the Student Centre for easy access! In Room 15, you can get information on:
- Welfare: advice and help with a wide range of safeguarding, counselling and support services to promote health and wellbeing of all students
- Finance: help on college-related student finance, bursaries and payments related to trips and iPad lease.
- Transport: bus pass issue, travel grant and bike scheme forms
- Safeguarding: designated safeguarding officers are situated here to work with students relating to safety and wellbeing
- Student Progress Officers: every student has an SPO and they are here to help you stay on track and achieve your potential
- 'Check In': keeping you up to date with everything you need to know about what's going on at College. Check in is scheduled once a week and is run by the SPO team.
- 1-to-1's: You will have a one-to-one meeting each half term with your SPO. The purpose is to check on your progress against your target grades and what you can do to achieve these.
The Study Centre
An integrated learning area for students, with new or recently purchased computers available and staff on hand to support your work. The Study Centre is a quiet working area and is open every day for supported and/or independant study from 8am - 5pm.
Computers and printer credit
You can drop in at anytime to use a computer in the LRC: you just need your College log in details. You have £10 of print credits for each of the first two terms. You can purchase additional credit at the Student Finance Help Desk in Room 15.
We do ask that you follow a few LRC rules
- Work quietly so that other people can concentrate
- Turn mobile phones to silent and wear headphones for music so that you do not disturb other people
- Do not eat or drink anything except bottled water
- Follow the rules about borrowing resources and using computers
- Do not play games or use PCs for social networking
The Studio Theatre and Dance Studio
The fully equipped Studio Theatre and the adjoining Dance Studio are home to students of drama, dance and music in performance. Our Musical Theatre Group (open to all students) has enjoyed great success in recent times with productions such as Chicago, Moulin Rouge, Cabaret and West Side Story. You might also want to commit to the College’s open, welcoming and multi-award winning ‘Rock Challenge’ team.
Our range of sports provision is increasing all the time, as is the success of a fast expanding Sports Academy. The GOALS Centre is a great asset to our facilities and we have a fully equipped and modernised fitness and weights room – available to students and staff who have successfully completed an induction session.
If you are on a Sport course you will know all about the enrichment and representative opportunities available in College. However, these same opportunities are available to all students. To find out more please contact:
- Sophie Kingsley-Smith, College Sport Maker
- Tom Lloyd, Sports Academy Director: