If you are an enthusiast in the field of creative arts you will probably enrol on to one or more of our art and design courses: Art, graphics, photography, digital film making and textiles. You will be joining a department with spacious, well equipped teaching areas and darkroom plus thirty six Apple Mac computers with adobe creative and final cut editing software.
Whether you’re on one Art and Design course or five there are many additional activities and projects for you to extend and apply your talents in the field. For example:
- Art students involved in mural design work at a local hospital
- Photographers whose work is on long term exhibition in London hospitals
- Graphics students working alongside those on the Portsmouth University architecture degree course on a community project and on designs for potential developments in the College itself
- Textiles students submitting designs for a national exhibition and competition
- And some highly praised work submitted by a number of students for the Portsmouth University sponsored ‘New Creatives’ exhibition.
So, there are numerous brilliant opportunities to extend your range and engage in the active, local art and design community.
In addition we run annual trips for students to Tate Modern, Brighton Pavilion, Kew Gardens, London, Victoria and Albert Museum, Pallant House Gallery and Imax Cinema. And we’re always keen to enter competitions: in 2012 one of our students won a national competition and her poster design was exhibited on billboards around the country.
Creative Arts – interesting, challenging, creative, fun and successful. Many College students move on to degree courses at some of the country’s most prestigious institutions.